Potential lists to add to the existing array

Postby DSunwall » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:07 pm

John Kirk wrote:Yes - it is looking pitiful :chair: :
http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Content/ChangedDates.php

50% :wiz:
DSunwall

Re: Another request - COLORS

Postby John Kirk » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Jeremy Hakes wrote:Can the colors of the characters and the slide arrow be changed? When you are updating muliple peaks, the same white and light blue color make me all crazy.

Select boxes are not part of the DOM (Document Object Model) allowing custom attributes unfortunately. There is probably some JavaScript to change the font color once you've made a date selection. I'll look into it.
Last edited by John Kirk on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby John Kirk » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:42 pm

LayneBracy wrote:I like this. A couple thoughts/questions:

1)Once entered, where can we see the dates of our peaks(or someone else's)?

Here is a page that has been modified to show peaks with dates that have been changed/validated (it has been around for a while, but previously showed only last peaks marked as 10 days/public view peaks when they were entered):
http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/ViewDateRange.php
I will add dates to the completion lists and peak profile page at some point.

2)When changing/verifying a date, how about an option to leave one or more elements(day, month, year) unspecified?

I added this to the select menu as the last option at the bottom (shows up as ?? and is input as 0). Thus, If you didn't know the day of a peak in December 2004, it would show up as 12-00-2004. If you didn't know the year, 12-00-0000.

3)The winter issue hasn't been completely resolved, because it may require allowing multiple dates per peak. For example, for my 14ers I would need to choose between the original date I climbed a peak vs the later winter reclimb...

I thought this might come up. If you're into winter stats, count the winter date.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Layne Bracy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 pm

Thanks, John - really good modifications. The winter/multiple dates issue is of secondary importance, in my opinion. For now, I prefer to leave the date I first climbed a peak.
Layne Bracy

verify

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:30 pm

Just checking, but is there a way to "verify" the date if I just want to leave the date alone (i.e. the date is already correct) ? I don't see a way to "veryify" it, other than to change it to the same date .... ?
Jeremy Hakes

Re: verify

Postby John Kirk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:33 pm

Jeremy Hakes wrote:I don't see a way to "veryify" it, other than to change it to the same date .... ?

Yes, changing to the same date is verifying it. Just select the peaks, then submit without doing anything to the dates.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:44 pm

How difficult would it be to add a "Change all" button/check box?
Jeremy Hakes

Postby John Kirk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:14 pm

I'd like to keep it at selecting manually as selecting all will also select those that are correct (not red). I'd also like changes to be done a little at a time, because you are committed to changing all the peaks you select, otherwise you will loose the ability to tell which have been changed from the system-generated entry date. In other words, if you hit submit and haven't changed all the selected peaks, it still replaces the empty record with what the form elements are and the date is interpretted as changed.

On your earlier question, I have put in a javascript that changes the color of the selected date elements once you make a change. If the date element needs to stay the same, but you want the colors to change, select the same digits from the dropdown below the first selection (it shows up twice - once as the first selection and once below it in the incremental options).
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:56 am

John Kirk wrote:I'd like to keep it at selecting manually as selecting all will also select those that are correct (not red). I'd also like changes to be done a little at a time, because you are committed to changing all the peaks you select, otherwise you will loose the ability to tell which have been changed from the system-generated entry date. In other words, if you hit submit and haven't changed all the selected peaks, it still replaces the empty record with what the form elements are and the date is interpretted as changed.

Makes sense. :)

On your earlier question, I have put in a javascript that changes the color of the selected date elements once you make a change. If the date element needs to stay the same, but you want the colors to change, select the same digits from the dropdown below the first selection (it shows up twice - once as the first selection and once below it in the incremental options).

Duly noted - and I like it. Makes it easier to differentiate. Nicely done!
Jeremy Hakes

13,000'+ 5 Year Cumulative Year Comparison Chart

Postby John Kirk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Here's an added benefit to changing your peaks' dates (done from the control panel - the page after logging in):

http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Content/chartm.php

I have done this in Excel for a long time and finally got around to programming charts with php/MySQL so that:
1) Anyone can generate charts for their own or others' peaks
2) It generated is automatically (don't have to enter peaks into excel anymore to generate charts)

Warning - this is probably appreciable only by the OCD peak bagger :disturbed:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:56 pm

did the YDS ratings thing go out the widow? I don't see any ratings or space fot them on any of the peak profiles... ?
Jeremy Hakes

Postby John Kirk » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:25 pm

Jeremy Hakes wrote:did the YDS ratings thing go out the window? I don't see any ratings or space fot them on any of the peak profiles... ?

They are down for now. Liability for people getting hurt using the ratings came up, and I'm not sure how I want to proceed.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:30 am

Hey John, aren't disclaimers worth anything? yds

BTW, when we add a new peak to our completion list we should be able to add the date completed, don't you think? so we don't have to go back and change the date later.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 am

DSunwall wrote:Hey John, aren't disclaimers worth anything? yds

BTW, when we add a new peak to our completion list we should be able to add the date completed, don't you think? so we don't have to go back and change the date later.

Have been thinking about disclaimer.

Changing dates after entering has been working - you have to select less than 21 and check 'done in last 10 days'.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

And now to the purpose of the post...

Postby John Kirk » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:49 pm

John Kirk
LoJ Architect

PreviousNext

Return to Lists in the Works