dhgold Completes Park County

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

dhgold Completes Park County

Postby John Kirk » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:15 am

Congrats to Dave on being the third finisher of Park County's 231 ranked peaks today
:rock:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Re: dhgold Completes Park County

Postby John Paul » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am

Way to go DH GOLD! It's delightful & inspirational to watch your almost daily progress...JP
John Paul

Postby Brian Kalet » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 am

Congratulations, Dave! I don't realize you were that close to finishing. How about a TR for your final hike?
Brian Kalet

Postby dhgold » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks for any congratulations and I'm glad to have been of any inspiration.

Finishing Park is somewhat bittersweet as it has been my favorite county so far due to its combination of relative proximity to home, lack of private property issues, dog friendliness (Wilbur, for whom this criteria matters, has summitted about 220 PC ranked peaks) , all season suitability and the Lost Creek Wilderness, under appreciated gem of the near Front Range. (Indications so far is that Saguache County is likely to be the new Park.)

I finished with the three peaks closest to home as I decided to wait for Staunton State Park to open before trying Black Mountain and its two closest neighbors. Joining Wilbur and myself for the finale was Laura Zaruba who had accompanied us on other outings in PC. I've added a brief TR under Black Mountain.

Park took a little more than 32 years to finish, speedy on a peak per year basis (~7.2) compared to Lake which took 43 years, a pace of barely more than one a year.
dhgold

Postby Alyson Kirk » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Dave! Way to go on a county hard earned! I just missed you and W by a few weeks for those peaks.

I sure did have a memorable time with you on those PC 11er's over the summer. :rock:

Aly
Alyson Kirk

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Good work, Dave. That's a ton of work. I have a long way to go, including the ones with property issues...
Jeremy Hakes

Postby Steve Knapp » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:32 am

Awesome, congrats Dave! Many fine peaks out there, very enjoyable list to complete.
Steve Knapp

Return to Colorado Peaks