Create your own Custom List

Potential lists to add to the existing array

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby jmbrooks8 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:29 pm

My view would be - a list is a list - no matter what the Points of Interest. Certainly don't want to start a ranked vs. unranked debate, but that is just an arbitrary, although accepted, dividing line. Seeing them separately would provide nice info too.
jmbrooks8

Postby John Kirk » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:42 pm

jmbrooks8 wrote:My view would be - a list is a list - no matter what the Points of Interest. Certainly don't want to start a ranked vs. unranked debate, but that is just an arbitrary, although accepted, dividing line. Seeing them separately would provide nice info too.

It is split now (if a list contains unranked summits)
for example:
http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Content/clist.php?lid=73
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby jmbrooks8 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:38 pm

John - very nice - Thanks!

I suppose custom lists is the place to have something like CO Centennials, correct? Nowhere else already?

Can you add conveniences like Select All when selecting peaks from a list. Can you search for named vs. unnamed pks? How to search by Class?
jmbrooks8

Postby BrianR » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

John Kirk wrote:
jmbrooks8 wrote:My view would be - a list is a list - no matter what the Points of Interest. Certainly don't want to start a ranked vs. unranked debate, but that is just an arbitrary, although accepted, dividing line. Seeing them separately would provide nice info too.

It is split now (if a list contains unranked summits)
for example:
http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Content/clist.php?lid=73

I like this solution, too. I included soft ranked peaks in my AZ National Forest lists mainly for completeness (I don't think anybody has published all of these lists before, although I could be wrong) and not as a statement about how far down someone should go to complete a list. I was contemplating whether to have a separate "ranked" version of those lists, but you have taken care of that issue.
BrianR

Postby John Kirk » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:10 pm

jmbrooks8 wrote:John - very nice - Thanks!
Can you add conveniences like Select All when selecting peaks from a list.

Done. I'll see about named/unnamed and class later...
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

unclimbed peaks

Postby hikenewhampshire » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Under Custom Lists, you can look at the peaks climbed by a member

But if you click on the link to See Unclimbed Peaks, it doesn't show a peak list but bumps you back to the main index
hikenewhampshire

Postby Brian Kalet » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm not getting this error using Internet Explorer.
It might be helpful if you provide which list you are viewing and which browser you are using.
Brian Kalet

Postby jmbrooks8 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:37 am

I used to see same error, but don't anymore.

I like sorted cusom lists by category/state, but don't see how to add a new list?
jmbrooks8

Postby John Kirk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 am

jmbrooks8 wrote:I used to see same error, but don't anymore.

I like sorted cusom lists by category/state, but don't see how to add a new list?

Are you saying you want a link to go to this page from the page displaying all Custom Lists? Not sure if that solves it, but I put a link for adding a new list at the bottom of the page.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Brian Kalet » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 am

jmbrooks8 wrote:I like sorted cusom lists by category/state, but don't see how to add a new list?

To add a new list, click the "Create a Custom Peak List" link in your Control Panel.
Brian Kalet

Postby wayfarer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi John,

I posted several comments and questions under "Lists in the works" > "Custom lists" about a week and a half ago. I think they may have gotten overlooked. Maybe I should have put them in this thread, rather than starting a new one? I wasn't sure at the time. There are questions about missing peaks and the possibility of a user created custom field.

Anyway, at the risk of repeating myself, I'm really loving this new feature.

Rick
wayfarer

Postby jmbrooks8 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:06 pm

I could not see "Create a Custom Peak List" in my control panel when I used the default menu update AK to get there. It shows up for every state except AK.
jmbrooks8

Postby John Kirk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

jmbrooks8 wrote:I could not see "Create a Custom Peak List" in my control panel when I used the default menu update AK to get there. It shows up for every state except AK.

AK is acutally a completely separate control panel because it isn't a fully listed state (some workarounds required made it easier to create AK as a separate page).
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby wayfarer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Strange problem. I just shared a new list for the Southern Fivers and the map is no longer working. It was working earlier as I was making finishing touches. And the maps for all my other lists seem to be working fine too. But this one now brings up everything except the map. The window remains black where the map should be. The Choose Member box and title are there though. Not sure what the trouble is.

Rick
wayfarer

Postby John Kirk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:16 pm

crshortt wrote:Strange problem. I just shared a new list for the Southern Fivers and the map is no longer working. Not sure what the trouble is.

Rick

I had a hard return from a copy and paste of the newly added "Rocky Knob" in the name column - google maps freak on that - should be fixed now.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

PreviousNext

Return to Lists in the Works