Summer Climbing Partners

Summer Climbing Partners

Postby aaronvoth » Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 am

I just started my summer work schedule, which will last until the end of September. I have Wednesdays through Fridays free and would love to meet other climbers on this site so if anyone is available on those days PM me and we'll see what we can climb. I'm up for climbing pretty much anything. Also I am planning a backpacking trip near the end of August to go to the High Uintas for 7-9 days if anybody would be interested.
aaronvoth

Re: Summer Climbing Partners

Postby Steve Knapp » Tue May 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Aaron,

I can sometimes get out on Friday and have trouble finding others who can. It would be cool to meet up with you sometime, so far I only know you from seeing your name in the register on all the Boulder county peaks I've been doing recently. I'll let you know next time I have Friday open.
Steve Knapp

Postby TWorth » Tue May 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Aaron -

I'd be interested in joining for you at least part of the Uinta trip. I had been planning on packing in there for Kings and a bunch of others starting Aug 30th or so, moving into the first week of Sept, as I go back to work in the nearby Evanston area the day after Labor Day. This is assuming I'm not burnt out on peaks by then after a busy summer schedule. Not likely, but possible. If interested we can sort out the details down the road, feel free to contact me, my email is tworth87 AT yahoo . com.

-Tim W
TWorth

Postby John Kirk » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm

I might be in for some Uintas too, though it would be a pretty high-octane adventure.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby aaronvoth » Wed May 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Define high octane, I had the crazy idea of climbing all of Utah's 13ers in 8 days :wicked: . I don't think that will happen, a more reasonable goal would be 13 of them.
aaronvoth

Postby John Kirk » Wed May 05, 2010 11:32 pm

aaronvoth wrote:Define high octane, I had the crazy idea of climbing all of Utah's 13ers in 8 days :wicked: . I don't think that will happen, a more reasonable goal would be 13 of them.

I was thinking hike in during the afternoon, say Sat, get 11 or 12 13ers/12ers and complete the hike out before sunset on Monday.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby aaronvoth » Mon May 10, 2010 4:50 pm

John Kirk wrote:I was thinking hike in during the afternoon, say Sat, get 11 or 12 13ers/12ers and complete the hike out before sunset on Monday.

If I am unable to get the full week off that sounds like a good use of a few days. By that time I will be in my best shape of the summer so that doesn't sound unreasonable.
aaronvoth

Postby BrandonReich » Sat May 22, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm working from home this summer(at least for the foreseeable future) so I end up going hiking any day that I don't feel like working. This also means I can plan for pretty much anything.

Won't lie, I love going up solo but I haven't had a hiking partner since Quandary at the end of last summer.
BrandonReich

Postby Furthermore » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 am

PM sent. I'm rather slow at reading some forums.
Furthermore

Postby Layne Bracy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm looking at day-hiking Gilbert Pk on Friday Sep 3rd. Might add on the next 13er to the south if energy and motivation holds.

Layne
Layne Bracy

Postby Forrest Thorniley » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:02 am

Im heading into the Holy Cross Wilderness this thursday night (8/5) Ill be coming in by way of Crooked Creek Pass, Woods Lake, Lime Creek and probably setting up camp around Fairview Lake. Friday Id like to do Avalanche Peak and try the ridge over to 12980', Hammer Peak, and 12977' before heading back to camp. Saturday go for 12,935', Ribbed Peak, and 13100'. Sunday, Fools Peak. Edit - or possibly do the whole traverse in a day minus fools peak. Not too optimistic on tstorms holding out though.....

email:
coloradoclimberATmsnDOTcom

-Forrest
Forrest Thorniley

Return to Summit Hikes and Climbs