Create your own Custom List

Potential lists to add to the existing array

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby crshortt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Working! Thanks!

Rick
User avatar
crshortt
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

unclimbed peaks

Postby hikenewhampshire » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Postby hikenewhampshire » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Under Custom Lists, you can look at the peaks climbed by a member

But if you click on the link to See Unclimbed Peaks, it doesn't show a peak list but bumps you back to the main index

Postby Brian Kalet » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:15 pm
I'm not getting this error using Internet Explorer.
It might be helpful if you provide which list you are viewing and which browser you are using.

----------------------

Go to Custom Lists -> Catskill 3500
Use member RoySwkr , who is listed as climbing 34 of 35 including unranked

But if you click on the link to See Unclimbed Peaks, it doesn't show a peak list but bumps you back to the main index

This is with Firefox 3.5.5
hikenewhampshire
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: unclimbed peaks

Postby John Kirk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:12 pm

hikenewhampshire wrote:Go to Custom Lists -> Catskill 3500
Use member RoySwkr , who is listed as climbing 34 of 35 including unranked

But if you click on the link to See Unclimbed Peaks, it doesn't show a peak list but bumps you back to the main index

This is with Firefox 3.5.5


Should be fixed now.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby Al Sandorff » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:27 pm

When I view the map of a list, the scale (miles and kms per approx. inch) does not change when I zoom in or out. I'm using I.E. if this makes a difference, though I think it's probably the most common method. Also, is it possible to remove a comment about a list. Wingman revised the SPS list making my comment no longer needed. Lastly, is it possible to get maps for the 100 steepest peaks for each western state. Seems like it would take a decent amount of time to re-build these by hand when the lists are made already.

Thanks, Al
Al Sandorff
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 pm
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby John Kirk » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Al Sandorff wrote:When I view the map of a list, the scale (miles and kms per approx. inch) does not change when I zoom in or out. I'm using I.E. if this makes a difference, though I think it's probably the most common method.


What version of IE?
Can't replicate that issue in IE 8.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby John Kirk » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Al Sandorff wrote: Also, is it possible to remove a comment about a list. Wingman revised the SPS list making my comment no longer needed. Lastly, is it possible to get maps for the 100 steepest peaks for each western state. Seems like it would take a decent amount of time to re-build these by hand when the lists are made already.
Thanks, Al


It is going to take some time to build out something to edit/delete comments. In a way the are good to have for version history. Might ave this done in a couple weeks.

I've added maps to the steepness index:
steep.jpg
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby Al Sandorff » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 pm

John,

I'm using IE7, but disregard for the moment it seems to be working right tonight. Thanks for the Steepness maps.

Al
Al Sandorff
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 pm
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby John Kirk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Al Sandorff wrote: Also, is it possible to remove a comment about a list.


Delete option for comments is up now...
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby davebobk47 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:26 am

Maybe I'm just not seeing it but is it possilbe to export custom lists in a csv format?
davebobk47
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: Woodland Park, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby John Kirk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 pm

davebobk47 wrote:Maybe I'm just not seeing it but is it possilbe to export custom lists in a csv format?


POI option is actually a csv file with a csv extension - see if that gets you what you want you want to see. The last column has several fields in it that have line breaks. Let me know if you want to see a different column format (ie if the last column field separation is desired and/or what other fields).
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby davebobk47 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Cool, the POI file works fine. Only thing that might be nice is a county and/or quad column.
davebobk47
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: Woodland Park, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby John Kirk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

davebobk47 wrote:Cool, the POI file works fine. Only thing that might be nice is a county and/or quad column.


CSV is added now with the following columns:
Capture.jpg
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby davebobk47 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 am

Sweet, Thanks John.
davebobk47
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: Woodland Park, CO

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby crshortt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:04 am

John,

A few new questions regarding custom lists.

1) is it possible to add the ability to combine text and numbers in the custom field? When I try it, one of two things happens. If I put text in front of a number, the entire peak entry disappears from the list until I go back into edit mode and remove the text. If I put text after the number, it simply doesn't show up, only the number does.

2) would it be possible for you, on an infrequent basis, to rearrange custom lists manually? They are currently arranged in each group by creation date. But when you, for example, create a Southeast 100 Highest list, then after several months decide that a Southeast 200 Highest list would also be nice, it ends up being separated from its companion list if other lists have been created in the meanwhile. It could be at your discretion, first based on if it was a number of companion lists by the same creator. But if a second party made a list that they thought would work well with another persons list and you agreed as well, then you could move it closer to or adjacent to as deemed fitting.

3) at this point, would it be worth adding a few more regional categories to the custom list section? That is, besides only the state and multi-state options, maybe something like East, Mid-West, and West? Possibly even Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, etc. as sub-categories of the above? I like the idea of even more limited geographical confines too, like Rocky Mountains, Appalachians, etc., but that could get messy.

Rick
User avatar
crshortt
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: Create your own Custom List

Postby John Kirk » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

crshortt wrote:1) is it possible to add the ability to combine text and numbers in the custom field? When I try it, one of two things happens. If I put text in front of a number, the entire peak entry disappears from the list until I go back into edit mode and remove the text. If I put text after the number, it simply doesn't show up, only the number does.

I'll look into this
crshortt wrote:2) would it be possible for you, on an infrequent basis, to rearrange custom lists manually?

I don't really want to manage this manually, plus I prefer newer lists to be visible first regardless of similarity to prior lists
crshortt wrote:3) at this point, would it be worth adding a few more regional categories to the custom list section?

No one seems to be able agree on definitions for regions - That aside I could define regions and provide some logic/notes. If there's more interest expressed by others I'll consider it.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

PreviousNext

Return to Lists in the Works

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest