New Hampshire Progress

Potential lists to add to the existing array

Re: New Hampshire Progress

Postby RyanSchilling » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:53 pm

That overlay on Google Maps is beautiful, John. I suppose it's just a modification of what you've already accomplished with, for example, the county peaks progress maps. Nevertheless, seeing this implementation was striking.

.... And now I see you've done the same for county highpoints completion maps! Did I miss the fanfare :?:
RyanSchilling

Re: New Hampshire Progress

Postby John Kirk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:00 am

RyanSchilling wrote:That overlay on Google Maps is beautiful, John. I suppose it's just a modification of what you've already accomplished with, for example, the county peaks progress maps. Nevertheless, seeing this implementation was striking.

.... And now I see you've done the same for county highpoints completion maps! Did I miss the fanfare :?:

Thanks Ryan - the whole thing has been evolving as I try to automate more and more instead of piecemealing stuff/hard-coding the site. Google has an awesome product and once you get a grasp of its functionality, it is amazing what can be done with it. I think I got the county HP maps integrated about a month ago, and started messing around with polygons a few months ago for those county summit maps. It is a lot better to use real coordinates to make polygons with google for completion maps versus creating a projection to pixels for each state and making a whole batch of arrays to pass through php and GDLibrary. I remember those county maps used to take several hours to design (days for Texas). Now with a complete set of county boundaries in lat/lon already in the database, it is automatic.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to Lists in the Works