More than 5 Ranked in a Day Stats

Potential lists to add to the existing array

More than 5 Ranked in a Day Stats

Postby John Kirk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 am

With recent discussion of late about most ranked peaks in a day/24 hours, I built a page to summarize all member's single days with more than 5 ranked peaks. You can drill into the details of which peaks were done by clicking on the member name in each row and each peak has a link to its profile. Could be useful to get ideas of what areas offer best possibilities of peak combinations, but in other cases not (John Prater's 9 peak day in RMNP for example is certainly not an easy way to get 9).

I also re-tooled the main menu to navigate to member stats and date-driven info pages. All is under the heading "Member Stats and Profiles"

The page for > 5 peaks:
http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Content/5plus.php
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:12 pm

I obviously messed up when we did 11 ranked 12ers in one day, most likely because many of them were repeats. I suppose I could correct that.

ok ok only 9 were ranked.

another interesting feature to LOJ, I may have started it, but I'm not sure I like it. :shock:
Last edited by DSunwall on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSunwall

Postby Layne Bracy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:17 pm

It pains me a touch that I don't make the list at all. I know I've done 5 ranked peaks a few times - no fame and glory in that, I guess. :cry:

I'd be interested to see a trip report from Pete on nabbing the 6 13ers Bald, Bard, Parnassus, Carbonate, Cyclone and Kelso!! :shock:
Layne Bracy

Postby John Kirk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:30 pm

Layne Bracy wrote:It pains me a touch that I don't make the list at all. I know I've done 5 ranked peaks a few times - no fame and glory in that, I guess. :cry:

I'd be interested to see a trip report from Pete on nabbing the 6 13ers Bald, Bard, Parnassus, Carbonate, Cyclone and Kelso!! :shock:

I can change it to five or more - really opens it up to a lot more entries. I've blanked out Pete's dates - Although possible, that is not a likely combination.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:57 am

John, congrats on your fine day on 8-23 with 12 ranked peaks, looks like you found the right area. 13er, 12ers, 11ers, 10er, 9er and an 8er, nicely done.

Have you added up the stats for getting these? I'll look for a trip report.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Probably won't do a TR. Stats were 25 miles, 8300' gain (I'll re-iterate that the first three peaks were more than half the stats - a lot more than 12 is certainly reasonable). It was actually harder to do Electric Peak and the four other Sangre 13ers I did back in June, and the stats were greater, but I developed some issues with my left hip toward the end of the 12 ranked day - maybe the prior weekend's 14 ranked had something to do with that. Took some Advil before each hike this last weekend and didn't notice any problems again.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby MikeRodenak » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 pm

John Kirk wrote:
Layne Bracy wrote:It pains me a touch that I don't make the list at all. I know I've done 5 ranked peaks a few times - no fame and glory in that, I guess. :cry:

I can change it to five or more - really opens it up to a lot more entries. I've blanked out Pete's dates - Although possible, that is not a likely combination.

I have 2 days that I did 5, but didn't see them on the list. I think its still set up for doing just 6 or more.

Cool idea, it will be fun to look at people combos, especially when the monsoon dies off and we have more daylight to stretch our climbs 8)
MikeRodenak

Postby John Kirk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:26 pm

MikeRodenak wrote:I have 2 days that I did 5, but didn't see them on the list. I think its still set up for doing just 6 or more.

I just needed some encouragement/reminding. I didn't think I'd done 5+ that many times :disturbed:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:37 pm

ah, 5 seems to be the majic number, I know I felt like I had done 5 more than twice.

48? times, :disturbed: for sure.
DSunwall

Postby Ryan Kowalski » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:22 am

Sweet, now I feel included! Interesting that I haven't broken the 5 peak bar yet...It must be some sort of psychological barrier for me. John, you are :disturbed: for sure! Things like this always bring out the competetive spirit in me that lies dormant most of the time.
Ryan Kowalski

Postby RyanSchilling » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Hah, why am I not surprised that both times I've reached 5 peaks in a day I was hiking with John? :-D
RyanSchilling

Postby DSunwall » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:31 am

I see Mike Garratt smashed the most ranked peaks in a day record with 15 ranked and 2 soft ranked. October 20th, near Del Norte and Saguache. Congrats Mike! It might be fun to try copy that feat.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:03 pm

DSunwall wrote:I see Mike Garratt smashed the most ranked peaks in a day record with 15 ranked and 2 soft ranked. October 20th, near Del Norte and Saguache. Congrats Mike! It might be fun to try copy that feat.

Had to fix those - not done on the same day.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Furthermore

Postby John Kirk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Looks like Derek set the bar higher - 14 in a day. Similar to a set of peaks that Tim and I went after a little less than a year ago to get 10 ranked in a day. Congrats.. Guess I need to work up a plan for 15+... :disturbed:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:06 am

congrats Derek, are you a member of the forum? :-P
DSunwall

Next

Return to Lists in the Works