"Live" Listmaking

Potential lists to add to the existing array

Postby John Kirk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Square miles of the county has a lot to do with it, for instance, with its density, San Juan county CO would have 1,605 ranked summits if it had the same square mileage as Flathead, MT.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Nevada Progress

Postby John Kirk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Here is the progress summary for NV
http://listsofjohn.com/Quads/Nevada/Nevada.html
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

TOPO files for peaks in Colorado counties

Postby JoeGrim » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:36 am

John,

I saw that you have links in your previous post to TOPO files for Nevada counties. I searched all over for the same thing for Colorado counties, but couldn't find anything. Are there these files anywhere perchance? If not, it's fine.
JoeGrim

Re: TOPO files for peaks in Colorado counties

Postby John Kirk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 pm

JFToujours wrote:I searched all over for the same thing for Colorado counties, but couldn't find anything. Are there these files anywhere perchance? If not, it's fine.

Nope. However, it is fairly easy to use this page (Select a county to list) to get name, lat, lon, elevation, and import into TOPO:

http://listsofjohn.com/Colorado/COIndex.php
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

thanks

Postby JoeGrim » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks John,

Yeah, I had already done that for the two counties nearest me (Larimer and Boulder), but was juts checking before I would do that for any other counties I might visit this summer.

To make my own files, I copied the output from your page for the county of interest, imported it in to Excel, added the proper GPX formatting within Excel, saved it as a GPX file, and then used a text editor to do a final bit of editing to the front and back end stuff of the GPX file, to make it readable. It's a little bit of work, but worth it to have them all in the same file to view all at once. If I ever decided I wanted to do this for all CO counties, I'm sure I could make some FORTRAN code to do the same thing, but that would probably take an 8-hour day to code.
JoeGrim

Washington

Postby John Kirk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 pm

John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Previous

Return to Lists in the Works