Weld County Completion Bonanza

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Weld County Completion Bonanza

Postby matt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Hats off to ChrisinAz, Paul Stratmoen, and Kate Decker, who completed Weld County via Tower BM within an hour of each other on Sunday afternoon--without seeing each other, or me.
This is seriously bad ass. :rock:
I would also like to extend belated congrats to Chris, who has also completed arduous Prowers and Bent counties (you couldn't have done it without me, buddy!).

:Mr. T: pities the fools who do not recognize these great achievements.

-disclaimer: This forum gets sleepy in winter and I have been waiting for an excuse to use the Mr. T and :rock: emoticons. I have the utmost respect for folks who finish, say, Park, Summit, or even Gilpin-sized counties.
matt

Re: Weld County Completion Bonanza

Postby ChrisinAZ » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Matt--how could you leave another person off this momentous occasion--YOU!!? For those not in the know, Matt successfully scaled every ranked peak in Weld County in a single day of marathon peakbagging, a staggering feat which was unmatched for at least an entire hour! Congratulations buddy, you earned every one of those arduous 30 feet of ascent :-D

And of course, a belated congrats on your completions of Prowers and Bent counties as well--also accomplished in single-day peak-athons! :rock: :rofl:
ChrisinAZ

Postby PaulStratmoen » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks Matt! Congrats to you and Chris on your completion of those other counties as well as the various county highpoints that you picked up on your Tower BM day. :rock:

While we missed seeing you guys, Kate and I did in fact see each other on Tower BM. :-D

How were the winds on your drive? Despite our best efforts to avoid them, a Christmas tree-sized tumbleweed came out of nowhere and nailed my driver’s door, giving us the first dent and scratches on the car. :tongue: Yup, the tree just jumped out and hit me.

Welcome to Weld County.jpg
Last edited by PaulStratmoen on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulStratmoen

Postby lukePlumley » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Congratulations on a fine completion everyone! That Weld County ranked peaks list is a fond memory. Battling the tumbleweed, wind, and dirt can sure wear you down. And those windmills out there are just plain ferocious. It would have been funny if Paul and Kate would have seen Matt and Chris approaching and run off the summit plateau to hide in the bushes so as to remain unseen on the not-quite-public summit!

lp
lukePlumley

Return to Colorado Peaks