Pete Krzanowsky finishes Colorado's Hundred Highest Peaks!

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Pete Krzanowsky finishes Colorado's Hundred Highest Peaks!

Postby lukePlumley » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:58 pm

On Monday, September 5 Pete Krzanowsky finished Colorado's Hundred Highest Ranked Peaks on the summit of "Phoenix Peak", highpoint of Mineral County. This legandary ascent was also Pete's 300th Colorado 13er to date. I was delighted to be a part of the celebratory day, and I was lucky enough to join Pete on about 30 of his Hundred Highest summits.

Congratulations Pete! This list contains such a variety of climbs, and I hope I am there to join you when you finish the bi-centennials as well!

Which of the 100 wwere your most and least favorite? Toughest?

lp
lukePlumley

Re: Pete Krzanowsky finishes Colorado's Hundred Highest Peak

Postby petekrz » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Luke,
Thanks for the congrats and for joining me on quite a few of them. It was a fun list to finally complete.

As for a favorite...I'm having trouble narrowing it down. The Wham Ridge on Vestal was a classic route, as was the North Ridge on Kit Carson. We had a great day on Crestone Peak...a slightly scarier one on the Needle :shock: Climbing Capitol with you and Dave was awesome.

Toughest....I didn't like South Maroon....just too loose. Thunder Pyramid....I think we got a little "off route." But we made it work. Snowmass via the snowfield as a day hike was a long day....but very satisfying. Jagged as an overnight was tough as my toe was still giving me issues. But we made it work. The weather on Stewart made that one interesting....

Pete
petekrz

Re: Pete Krzanowsky finishes Colorado's Hundred Highest Peak

Postby MikeRodenak » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Way to go Pete! And nice work on hitting the 300 13er mark too, a nice "double dip" accomplishment 8)
MikeRodenak

Return to Colorado Peaks