Teresa Gergen completes RMNP

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Teresa Gergen completes RMNP

Postby mikeofferman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Looks like Teresa took a week off before finishing off another list! What is on tap for next weekend??

Congratulations :rock: !!
mikeofferman

Re: Teresa Gergen completes RMNP

Postby TeresaGergen » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks. :-D

I only have a handful of days left now this summer to climb in CO -- I'll be out of state the rest of my time off until early Oct. So I took a 3 week trip here and made the most of it. I finished San Juan County, along with Kirk, who also finished it at the same time, then the 12ers and a second round of the 14ers, and then drove from the San Juans to Long Draw in order to finish RMNP while I could.

Saw your name in a lot of those registers, Mike!
TeresaGergen

Postby lukePlumley » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 am

Great work Teresa! Another list bites the dust......... :rip:
lukePlumley

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 am

Congrats on ANOTHER list done. Man, that's awesome! :)
Jeremy Hakes

Postby kirkmallory » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I think the variety of the different lists you've recently completed is pretty cool. Congratulations on having such a great year so far. It was great to be with you on a few of those completions, especially the big one!
kirkmallory

Postby Steve Knapp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 am

Congrats again Teresa! There's a great variety of peaks on that list, and some really cool ones. Do you have a favorite area of the Park? I love going in there but haven't ventured too far off the beaten paths yet. I wish it wasn't so long a drive to the Never Summers and the far west side.

Mike, you should be next up for this. Get busy!

Has Ken completed RMNP as well? Can't tell since he doesn't have his lower peaks loaded here. My guess is yes.
Steve Knapp

Postby Ken Nolan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Congrats Teresa! With the hope that a trace of your karma would remain, Jean and I climbed “Confluence Peak” above Long Draw the day after your finishing visit.

Steve – A few years ago, Jean and I completed the list of 125 Named Peaks in RMNP. I have not climbed the ranked peaks below 11K.
Ken Nolan

Postby MikeRodenak » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Way to go Teresa, this has been one impressive run! Can't wait to see where your out of state travels take you.

Keep those lists falling! :wiz:
MikeRodenak

Postby TeresaGergen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:18 pm

I have hopes for one more list this year: the 50 state highpoints later this Fall. Out of state, my interests other than that are solely in WY and CA, which I expect will keep me busy and tired for a long time to come.

Ken, c'mon, your reason for visiting "Confluence" was just a tad more important than mine. And the list of Named peaks is significantly more difficult than the list of ranked ones. Although, with only 7 ranked ones left, you oughta get on that this Fall. "Gem Peak" is a gem.

The Park -- well, it's a wonderful and different place. I always had trouble with the crowds there, much worse than climbing 14ers, and I'm so not used to people with where the rest of my lists have taken me. But the abundance of wildlife and flowers almost makes up for that. It's beautiful everywhere.
TeresaGergen

Return to Colorado Peaks