Congrats to Derrill

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Congrats to Derrill

Postby Ryan Kowalski » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:37 am

Another finisher of Jefferson County! Having done a few of these peaks I realize the effort it takes to finish this county! Hats off to you Derrill. What's on the agenda next?
Ryan Kowalski

Postby lukePlumley » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:58 am

Nicely done, Derrill! Sorry I couldn't join you for any of them. Congratulations on a huge undertaking.
lukePlumley

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:20 am

FYI - Cathedral Spires et al are under a seasonal raptor closure from 3.1-7.31 (which we didn't know about).

Great day, though! 12.1 miles, 4100', some scrambling, some 5.5 climbing, some sightseeing!

Good work, D. Good to be there with you on 70+ of these BS peaks. :)
Jeremy Hakes

Postby John Kirk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 am

:rock:
Good job Derrill. I'd have finished this a while ago were it not such a tough objective with the bulky assortment of 5th class summits.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DerrillRodgers » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks all, it took a bit longer than I expected, but I wasn't sure that I would persue the entire thing for a little while. Jeremy just kept asking if I wanted to hike something with him and the next thing I knew I was more than half way there so he probably gets at least as much credit as I do for my completion. There are a bunch of really great climbs in JeffCo and I'm glad I was able to get all of them done and to share them with some good friends. As for what's next, I have too many lists going to single out just one, I think it'll be a mixed bag of hikes/climbs for a while.

Derrill
DerrillRodgers

Postby RichAllen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Hats off to ya! I (and my dog) are working on these, too, and know how deceptively challenging they can be. I hope to be up there some day, though with the great weather here my thoughts are starting to turn to higher peaks. Great job!!
RichAllen

Return to Colorado Peaks