DavidDJohnson completes Colorado County Highpoints!

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

DavidDJohnson completes Colorado County Highpoints!

Postby lukePlumley » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:00 pm

DavidDJohnson completed his 64th and final Colorado County Highpoint by summiting "Phoenix Peak" on Saturday Sept. 26th. Dave is the 25th person on LOJ to accomplish this feat!

Congratulations Dave! I enjoyed your dedication to the list these past few months. I hope there is still room on Dave C's axe for your autograph!!! And I hope you enjoyed the nightlife in Creede to celebrate!!!!!!!

lp
lukePlumley

Re: DavidDJohnson completes Colorado County Highpoints!

Postby susanjoypaul » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:09 pm

Congratulations, indeed, David!

I believe he is the 37th person to complete them all (why aren't these people on LoJ where we can keep track of them?)

We're working out a time to meet with Covill, Mitchler, and Mr. Axe now... shooting for October 7th, and hoping to add another completer to the group by then.

Nice job, Dave!!!

-Susan
So much to climb - so little time!
susanjoypaul

Postby DavidDJohnson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks, Luke! It was great doing some of these with you. Especially glad for the logistics on Bison Butte (thanks to Brian C for setting up Colorado Climbers and to Sue Personett for posting on Colorado Climbers). Getting that one without having to pay $300 or getting gored by a bison really set me up for success. Kips was still open when we finished "Phoenix", got a late start and did a very non-standard route up the mountain.

Thanks Susan for motivating me this summer and for a possible meet-up to sign the illustrious ice ax!

I've gotten to share the county hps with a lot of people on LoJ, and I'm grateful for all of those times.

Colorado P2Ks next, who's up for it?!
DavidDJohnson

Postby John Paul » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 am

Awesome accomplishment David! That list takes dedication and perseverance. Good luck on your P2K list, looks like you are over half way! jp
John Paul

Postby nikolai » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:13 pm

You rule Dave! It looks like you've got a few front range counties to complete next year. Get back to working on those!
nikolai

Postby Brian Kalet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Congrats, Dave! Those final Larimer County peaks are calling for you...
Brian Kalet

Return to Colorado Peaks