Bartlett Mountain

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Bartlett Mountain

Postby PaulStratmoen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:26 pm

I posted a new picture of Bartlett Mountain http://www.listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Climbers.php?Id=402 as seen from Prospect Mountain yesterday. Comparing that picture to the ones that I posted on 11/11/11, you can see that a substantial part of it has been shaved off over the last couple of years. :tongue: I'd say that the Class 3+ summit block is long gone. In comparing my picture to the TOPO! 3D view, it looks like it may be getting close to being unranked too. :rip:
PaulStratmoen

Re: Bartlett Mountain

Postby Brian Kalet » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:30 pm

PaulStratmoen wrote:it looks like it may be getting close to being unranked too. :rip:

Maybe that's their plan to keep people off their property!
Brian Kalet

Postby John Kirk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 am

Looks like there might be some scrambling involved, but it does look like a lot has been taken off. Where the road ends on the map/satellite appears to be the level the top has been truncated at. This is at 13,200. I'd guess the "ridge" in the background is maybe 60' higher, making it "barely ranked" at 13260' ~ 320' rise.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby PaulStratmoen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 am

John Kirk wrote:Looks like there might be some scrambling involved, but it does look like a lot has been taken off. Where the road ends on the map/satellite appears to be the level the top has been truncated at. This is at 13,200.

That's what I was thinking too after comparing my picture to TOPO! and to Google Earth. The rate at which they're demolishing this mountain is unfortunate, to say the least, :chair: although their continued destruction is going make it a lot easier for me to finish the ranked peaks of Lake County :wicked:.
PaulStratmoen

Return to Colorado Peaks