An Open Invitation

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

An Open Invitation

Postby ClimbingCooneys » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:53 am

:rock: On Saturday, August 3, the Climbing Cooney's plan to ascend their final 13er and complete all the ranked 14ers and 13ers in Colorado, a task they never originally intended to do but found themselves drawn into by the majesty and challenges of our mountains. If we hold any "record" in this completion, it is probably that we took the longest of anyone attempting to do so - for we have climbed together now for 36 years! Along the way, we have come to know many of you fellow peakbaggers by name, from the almost countless summit registers left all over the state. You have been both a help and an encouragement to us by your example, your trip reports and answers to our questions. So now, we extend an invitiation to you and hope some of you may share the same curiosity we have, to meet face to face. Somehow, it almost seems as though we are all mountain phantoms - leaving our names on often crumbling pieces of paper, but our paths never quite crossing at the same place and time. So on August 3rd, at 9:00 AM, we plan to hike up Boreas Mountain off Boreas Pass. We will park at the top of the pass and procede from there. We expect some of our family to be there including my wife's lively 78 year old father, our two children Shaun & Sharon, their spouses and perhaps even our 2 grandchildren. The pace will not be robust by any means with this entourage. But if any of you 13er & 14er peakbaggers feel promted to take a timeout form your own "peakbagging lists" and join us this one time, we would be both honored and priviledged to meet you. We hope to see you there. If you would like to e-mail us you may contact us at: peakbaggers at acsol dot net.
John, a special thanks to you for this website. It has been an indispensible & useful help along the way.
Beaten paths are for beaten men.
ClimbingCooneys

Re: An Open Invitation

Postby John Kirk » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Major congratulations. 8) I'm sorry to report my agenda to finish the same list has claimed each free weekend day for the next several weeks. I'd really like to be there - it's been fun watching you two meticulously shrinking the list over the years!
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Re: An Open Invitation

Postby ClimbingCooneys » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks for the response. We at least most certainly understand the obsession. We'll both continue on as phantom ships that maybe will some day pass each other.
Beaten paths are for beaten men.
ClimbingCooneys

Return to Colorado Peaks