Internet Explorer 8 issues

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

Internet Explorer 8 issues

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am

Having issues with accessing the site with IE 8. Unfortunately, I updated from 7 to 8, and now I can't access the drop down menus (Search a state:). I realize this isn't the site, just looking for any suggestions of how to fix it.
Jeremy Hakes

Re: Internet Explorer 8 issues

Postby John Kirk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Works fine on the IE 8 version I have/test with. Not sure what the problem would be other than some security setting being too high.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby davebobk47 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Just got a new computer with IE9 on it and on the google maps the points and pictures show up when I mouse over but the info does not.
davebobk47

Postby John Kirk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:46 am

davebobk47 wrote:Just got a new computer with IE9 on it and on the google maps the points and pictures show up when I mouse over but the info does not.

I can't replicate the problem using IE9. Let me know what page you're looking at (please provide an address).
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby PaulStratmoen » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 pm

John Kirk wrote:
davebobk47 wrote:Just got a new computer with IE9 on it and on the google maps the points and pictures show up when I mouse over but the info does not.

I can't replicate the problem using IE9. Let me know what page you're looking at (please provide an address).
John,

I'm having the same problem with IE9 on my new laptop. For me, it happens on all maps. When I mouse over a point on the map, I get the picture with an empty rectangle to the right of it. Attached is a Print Screen shot that shows what it does.
Attachments
LOJ Map.pdf
(126.43 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
PaulStratmoen

Postby John Kirk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

PaulStratmoen wrote:I'm having the same problem with IE9 on my new laptop. For me, it happens on all maps. When I mouse over a point on the map, I get the picture with an empty rectangle to the right of it. Attached is a Print Screen shot that shows what it does.

I have validated and updated the javascript on the 50 closest map - let me know if this map does or does not resolve the issue:

Test this
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby PaulStratmoen » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Still having the same problem. For me, it occurs on all map displays, not just the closest 50. Do you suppose that it could be something in my internet settings? I didn't change any of the default settings on the computer, though.
PaulStratmoen

Postby davebobk47 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah, I still have the same issue on the test link. Also noticed it does it with the statewide country progress maps (example: http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/statec ... n&State=IL).
davebobk47

Postby davebobk47 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Now using Firefox :) and it works fine. I've noticed I've had the same problem with yahoo maps, google maps, etc on other pages with IE9. I'm guessing its IE not LOJ.
davebobk47

Postby davebobk47 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 am

So Adobe Flash does not work with IE9 64-bit. I'm guessing that could be a reason the mouse-over pop ups do not work. Anyone know if they do require flash?
davebobk47

Postby John Kirk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:05 am

davebobk47 wrote:So Adobe Flash does not work with IE9 64-bit. I'm guessing that could be a reason the mouse-over pop ups do not work. Anyone know if they do require flash?

Does not use flash...
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby KentonB » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 pm

It's working on IE9 (64-bit & 32-bit) and Firefox for me. Is it possible those that are having problems are missing a plugin of some type? ...or possibly a graphics card/driver issue?
KentonB

Postby davebobk47 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 am

The one plugin that I do seem to be missing it the Flash plugin but John says it doesn't use flash. It could be some other plug-in but I'm not sure what it would be. Either way I'm happy with Firefox so there is no longer any issue for me although I'm sure in the future others might be looking for the solution.
davebobk47

Postby PaulStratmoen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:35 pm

PaulStratmoen wrote:
John Kirk wrote:

John,

I'm having the same problem with IE9 on my new laptop. For me, it happens on all maps. When I mouse over a point on the map, I get the picture with an empty rectangle to the right of it. Attached is a Print Screen shot that shows what it does.

This just started working OK for me today. Don't know if it was some automatic update to Internet Explorer, or something you did, :wiz: but everything's groovy now :-D .
PaulStratmoen

Postby John Kirk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:22 pm

PaulStratmoen wrote: Don't know if it was some automatic update to Internet Explorer, or something you did, :wiz: but everything's groovy now :-D .

I did not make any changes so I'm going to assume IE is goofy :disturbed:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to Site FAQ's