validation

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

validation

Postby BigRob » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm missing something. I update peaks, but they don't show up on "recent updates" or other boards. Some do, some don't. I think it has to do with validation.
BigRob

Re: validation

Postby John Kirk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:59 pm

You need to check the box for "Climbed in last 10 days" at the end of the lists before clicking submit, and you can't update more than 20 at a time for them to show up as "public". Date validation doesn't matter for recent updates (that is for tracking ascents by date climbed rather than by the date peaks are logged via computer at LoJ).
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:32 am

would it be difficult to eliminate that "climbed in last 10 days" checkbox? by simply using the date climbed, if it was in the last ten days it automatically goes to the recently climbed list. It's easy to forget that little box at the bottom.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 am

OK. Part of the reason it was there was to keep new members who log all their peaks at once from taking up the whole recent list, but that was before the days of "date validation". Part of what it accomplished was showing recent climbs for people who may not validate their dates, but I guess if they can take the trouble to check the box, validating dates might be equally if not more straight-forward.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to Site FAQ's