member dropdowns

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

member dropdowns

Postby mikeofferman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm

John, would it be possible to default the member drop down lists with the users name based on a persons log in name (AaronIhinger has it lucky!)?
mikeofferman

Postby John Kirk » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Not sure I follow, but what about descending by total peak count instead of alpha?
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby mikeofferman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 am

Lets say you go to the colorado county summits page. There are two member drop down lists (where you see AaronIhinger). I am always going into those drop downs to change it to my name before looking up information. I was asking if those drop downs could start off with my name (via how you are logged in) to save me the step of finding and selecting my name.
mikeofferman

Postby John Kirk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:41 am

Pages other than those accessed from the control panel aren't integrated with login - it would involve a considerable redesign of the site. If you use your keyboard and type 'm' when you are in the dropdown box, it will take you to the first member with a login beginning with 'm'. If you keep pressing 'm', it scrolls down through the 'm's.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby mikeofferman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 am

If I press 'mi' quickly enough, it takes me right to the mikes. That will work just fine, thanks!
mikeofferman

Return to Site FAQ's