Trip reports

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

Trip reports

Postby ksroqclimber » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Hey John,

I was browsing through some of the recent trip reports. While reading i noticed an "Edit" button i hit the button and it looked as though it was going to allow me to edit the trip report. I was not logged in nor was i looking at a trip report that i had posted. I did not hit the save button as i did not want to screw up the trip report that i was reading.

Was it intentionally left open for anyone to edit trip reports?

Great site! thanks
Billy
ksroqclimber

Postby JoeGrim » Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, John, but here is what I think is the answer.

As long as you have the correct password to edit a trip report, anyone can edit them. Normally, only the person who originally wrote the report knows the password. But I assume the edit option allows multiple people to contribute to the same report, if they share the password.
JoeGrim

Postby John Kirk » Fri May 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Yes,

That is correct. You can't actually change the report unless you enter the correct password after making changes. Here is what you get if you try to change and don't have the right password:

"_____" was the password you entered
If this is your report, click back and try your password again
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby ksroqclimber » Mon May 05, 2008 12:18 pm

OK, Right on...

I just wanted to confirm that was the case. I didn't want to accidentally screw up somones TR.

Thanks
ksroqclimber

Return to Site FAQ's