Lists of Teams

Leaders by Category

Postby John Kirk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 pm

DSunwall wrote:thats a little round about don't you think? It is "nearly" impossible to find from the main page. It seems like a list i might want to look at more than once.

ya I know, you threw it together pretty fast, thanks.

C'mon Dwight - it is only 5 links deep. :roll:

How about if I add the list portion to Member Stats, Profiles, Tools->Tools->5th Class Peaks Lists - would this be easy enough to find?
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:15 pm

John Kirk wrote:
DSunwall wrote:now we need a list of 5th class peaks.

While we're on the subject Mr. Sunwall... any interest in Bishop Rock or Cheesman Mtn and The Castle in the coming weeks?

hmmmm, you have perked my interest, lets line something up. I bet I could find one or two others that would be interested as well. This Sunday or any weekend after that.
DSunwall

Postby DSunwall » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:21 pm

John Kirk wrote:
DSunwall wrote:How about if I add the list portion to Member Stats, Profiles, Tools->Tools->5th Class Peaks Lists - would this be easy enough to find?

well, its not a member stat, its a peak list.

How about Colorado Peak lists / 5th class peaks. thats only 2 deep 8) . and have it default to colorado 5th class peaks, since the other states are not complete anyway.

Its a list that rock climbers might appreciate.
DSunwall

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Unless you're opposed to me going, I'd be interested in re-ascents of The Castle and Cheesman with my wife. I'd also be interested in Bishop Rock again, though I've done it twice. The north face of Bishop would be ... interesting unless it was a gorgeous day like today. It is mostly a free-solo, even when dry. No worries either way - I just enjoy y'all's company. 8)
Jeremy Hakes

Postby John Kirk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:06 pm

DSunwall wrote:well, its not a member stat, its a peak list.

IMO it is a reference tool since the list is not complete...
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 pm

John Kirk wrote:
DSunwall wrote:well, its not a member stat, its a peak list.

IMO it is a reference tool since the list is not complete...

I suppose, and it is your site. I'll find it when I need it, it is available now, thats what counts.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Let me think about this for a while....

If I added a section equivalent to the Winter Ascents area, perhaps there would be more participation/validation of the lists. Then again, could create a lot of argument with the wussy CO ratings of low 5th we have vs. real YDS which would have those at 4th class.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby John Kirk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Jeremy Hakes wrote: No worries either way - I just enjoy y'all's company. 8)

Sure - would be nice to have you along. I'm thinking about 3 11ers on the Meridian Hill Quad for Saturday if the forecasts stay reasonable (though wind forecast doesn't look nice right now). May be able to get out Sunday though. Next weekend if not. Snow depth looks like zero in South Jeffco < 9k, as expected.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:54 pm

John Kirk wrote: Then again, could create a lot of argument with the wussy CO ratings of low 5th we have vs. real YDS which would have those at 4th class.

Is Colorado 5.5 equivalent to real 5.0? I don't know where the division occurs but it seems that is about where most climbers would start to rope up.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:00 pm

DSunwall wrote:Is Colorado 5.5 equivalent to real 5.0? I don't know where the division occurs but it seems that is about where most climbers would start to rope up.

A couple examples are rated 5.3 by Gerry - North Palisade and Baboquivari. These are 4th class by Sierra Club Standards. Same applies for Dallas, Teakettle, and Jagged I believe.

The division is probably at CO 5.2/5.3= top end of CA/YDS 4th class.

Similarly, CO 3rd class is still class 2, 4th is 3rd. Anything without required use of hands is class 1, trail or not.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:02 am

John Kirk wrote:Let me think about this for a while....

If I added a section equivalent to the Winter Ascents area, perhaps there would be more participation/validation of the lists. Then again, could create a lot of argument with the wussy CO ratings of low 5th we have vs. real YDS which would have those at 4th class.

my thoughts - If I climb something and disagree with its rating, either high or low, I will definitely say something. I think that the forum is a good place to discuss such things, if there is already a rating that exists for the peak. I'm in favor of more peaks with ratings, although I hope they are close to a good consensus of applicable difficulty.
Jeremy Hakes

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 am

John Kirk wrote: I'm thinking about 3 11ers on the Meridian Hill Quad for Saturday if the forecasts stay reasonable (though wind forecast doesn't look nice right now).

Probably just have saturday morning available right now - sunday is wife day, although I know she wants to get out too.

What kind of stats are you talking about for Meridian hill? Derrill and I were thinking about Black Mtn. and 10460, as they are my nearest unclimbed peaks...
Jeremy Hakes

Postby John Kirk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:43 am

Starts with Royal, then 11053, then Meridian Hill. 12 miles 4.2k vertical. May opt to go after the 4 others in the south end of the quad near Lions Head if I get the others done before noon. I'd actually like to get those over the 11ers but a drop-off is necessary or a long in-and-out from near Harris Park.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:00 am

there are a couple there i haven't done yet, but had previous plans for tomorrow anyway.

Are we planning Bishop for the 17th?
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:18 am

17th sounds good to me. Cathedral Spires and Banner are on my agenda same hike - can do solo if no one else is interested after Bishop. Raleigh could be another one to add after those.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

PreviousNext

Return to LOJ Member Stats